Using MSE (mechanically stabilised earth) principles along with geotextile technology, the combination of nonwoven FlexMSE® bags and patented interlocking gripper plates allows for strong and easy-to-install geomodular block structures.
FlexMSE® bags are filled with a mixed of sand & soil, and can be formed into near vertical (85°) retaining walls, green landscaping structures and erosion resistant sidings to rivers and coast-lines. The patented gripper pads, made from 100% recycled materials, are placed between the layers of filled bags to add to the strength and stability of the structures constructed. FlexMSE® is commonly used in conjunction with Geogrid products.
FlexMSE® is suitable for hydroseeding, live staking, live planting and brush layering, and is water & root permeable.
With a design life of 120+ years and a 75-year warranty, FlexMSE® structures withstand almost unlimited differential settlement (up to 2m).
In comparison to other materials used for the same applications, FlexMSE®:
- Has 97% less Green House Gas output than concrete
- Has 98.5% less Green House Gas output than steel
- Takes 2/3 the time of installation compared to concrete
- Costs approx. 60% than traditional systems
- Doesn’t require footing, rebar or specialised equipment to install
- Graffiti proof
- Eligible for LEED and BREEAM credits
Common applications for FlexMSE® include:
- Slope repairs
- Green flood protection walls
- Noise barriers
- Landscaping & garden walls
- Vegetated culvert headwalls
- Ditch linings